Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I will Try to Fix You

It's a strange feeling when your young child takes care of you.  I think it goes against the natural maternal instinct, until the time when you yourself become too elderly and frail to care for yourself (which hopefully will not happen to me, I plan to die at sixty, yes I've spoken to the path of destiny).  From the day you feel the nausea and know that there there is a tiny little heart beating inside (other than your own) you feel the need to move heaven and earth, and sacrifice tour own body, sleep, money, anything, to care for that little person.

So yesterday it felt like a strange reversal, although Ashlee has of late become very protective of me, when she came to me, and said she was going to fix all my 'eina's' meaning all the beauty spots, and she went to fetch her Dora the 'Lexplorer' plasters and covered every blemish on my body with them.  then she stroked my head and said, "see mama, I fixed it.  All better.  Sleep well."  And I felt like sobbing with embarassment, because I'm the mom, I'm supposed to be her shield from pain and fix the things that go wrong in her world.

But she fixed me, she wanted to fix.  So I said go ahead my honey child.  In a way, you kind of have fixed me by being born.  Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment