Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Three Muskateers and walking

Two significant things (in my existence) to write about today.  One is that my little girl, Natty star, has properly started walking at the age of thirteen months.  It's a very emotional experience, her sister really took her time and was alot later on that front., but I think the reason why I feel teary is because I don't think I'll be having more children, and seeing this feels like the end of a long, magical, on the brink of suicide at times chapter.  Having small babies has changed me forever, its like addictive despite the hardships, and I can't believe that my two little girls are now out of that stage.  But as is the saga of life, I look foward to new chapters and stories as they grow.

The other incident is that Ashlee started her own Three Muskateers, not the famous ones (i.e. male) but three kick ass girls who do things their way, in their world.  They are ...Strawberry Shortcake, Dora the Explorer, and little Barbie.  These three little dolls are on Ashlee's side in a world where sometimes thing just don't make sense, and when I saw them sittiing together (they even have little horses to ride a la their namesakes) I was reminded of the world of creative makebelieve, the worlds my sister and I created, and how much joy it gave us.  Children should play, alot everyday, without structure or interruption.   It's a saving grace for the future, because they can rely on that unadulterated intuition when they grow up, as I do now.


bye for now.  Off to have dinner, Mexican tonight, with my girls and fiance.

No comments:

Post a Comment