Thursday, February 16, 2012

Four Walls

A long time ago
we longed for a little flat of our own
no more war
and living breathing dynamics
too large and misunderstood for four walls
they spread their lack of innocence into our skins

As time passed
you left
I still looked for that place
without much luck
words kept me safe
people let us down
judgement everywhere

I thought it would last forever
every person I loved
had a sense of looking at me with something more sinister
behind a smile

I found a place
the place we dreamed of
there is a golden light here
no one
just me and my children
they know I am not a princess mummy
but they love anyway
and every day
we wake up to a house with only real laughter
those crossed eyed gut sucking dynamics
the history prison four walls have finally broken down
are gone, banished into the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment