Thursday, January 6, 2011

Central Part of the Heart

You and I were a funny match
From the start
Not sugar and spice
Not a match made in heaven
But it seemed good
Doing shots
At the Windhoek Underwater Club
And you had this vibe
That gave me those heartbeats
It’s true
And I had seen more
Than before

And then
I fought for you
And you didn’t want me
And it made me insecure

But then it became
Really, really good
And we drove across horizon
After horizon
Towards the great grey
Wide Kunene River
And you showed me what you do best
My African mannetjie
Under the stars you pitched our tent
And I was taken by surprise
That something like this
Could happen to me again
Cause I had kind of
Given up

And then it all went
Fast, enough
Probably not to last
Most of the time
You were kind of
My safe place to fall

But now
It gets worse and worse
Everyday
And I can see
We probably made a giant mistake
And the scary thing is
I share a little girl with you
Who didn’t ask for any of this
Who looks towards us for
Safety
With those huge blues eyes


I guess now the drama queen stuff
Is over in a flash
No time
And they don’t tell you enough
And it seems so obvious
And know it all mothers
With perfect mummy linen and cookies
say tut tut
Didn’t you think it’s obvious
Well, I didn’t
that once that little one sees you
It will replace the men
For the central part
Of the heart
And it can take alot
For the grownup part
To finally realize
That this queen of the world
No longer rules
They all said it‘s natural
For me it was a ton of those red bricks
And not even all at once.
But if I could go back
I would shake my head
And say no thanks
You,
My daughter
Beat any man
Any time
To the central part
Keeper of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment