Friday, June 1, 2012

Retrospect




Running
like wild antelope
for my life
there is little time to turn around
 to look anywhere but down at the ground

When  the flight
the flight between my hands
the adrenaline worn out beating heart
has subsided
I can take a breath
and turn around

Do you see?
in the backward glance
the unfortunate foresight
of hindsight
no longer blotted by tear salt and salt sweat

I see a music box, winding out our lives
 a man walking even when it hurt
 paved out path he fought for, daily
I see a cross fire
a mistake
a broken down message
stuck in the mixed signal
seen from the other side of the past
too far below any wishing well
too far from this new,
gazing down present reflection
too deep in dark, too blurred, fixed
to look again, or change.

No comments:

Post a Comment